Paediatric Physiotherapy helps improve quality of life and the ability to perform everyday activities with ease.
Spring Forward Family Centre places focus on the neurology and physiology of child development. When engaging in paediatric physiotherapy, we use our expertise and knowledge of the body’s developmental milestones, anatomy and physiology to assess and tailor individual programs to each child. Children are assessed for their presenting condition as well as any underlying concerns and a program is devised.
Children learn best when they are relaxed and playing, our therapists believe in fostering the development and growth of children using play-based therapy solutions. Treatment can be delivered on children as young as newborns.
How we help
- Early detection of movement disturbances
- Screening of developmental milestones
- Enhancing motor skills through strengths and coordination training, positions for tummy time play.
- Assessment of orthopaedic conditions
- Treatment/rehabilitation of neurological conditions and developmental delays (cerebral palsy, preterm birth)
- Assessment of gait disturbances
- Treatment of musculoskeletal pain
We can treat many conditions including:
- Asymmetrical head shape (plagiocephaly)/torticollis
- Developmental hip dysplasia
- Congenital orthopaedic problems
- Hypermobility and low tone
- Delayed milestones such as delayed crawling, sitting, standing or walking
- Toe walking
- Poor coordination/clumsiness
- Jaw pain (TMJ)
- Gait assessment in older children
- Postural problems in children
- Leg length discrepancies, bow legs, pronating feet, knock knees, pigeon toes
- Musculoskeletal and sports injuries in children and return to sport
- Fractures including splinting and casting and the application of orthopaedic braces and boots
What to expect
Our aim is to provide each client and their family with a positive and collaborative experience engaging with our service.
- Following a comprehensive phone intake, you will be required to complete our online paperwork and administration requirements.
- Admin will book an initial appointment with the physio for assessment and planning.
SPRING FORWARD FAMILY CENTRE
31 Henry Street Penrith, NSW 2750
Phone: (02) 4722 0891 Email: springfwd
Copyright © 2021 Spring Forward Family Centre. All rights reserved. Website designed by Lasso Creative.